This past Saturday the first large filming session was completed, I was able to get together the five main actors and an extra friend to operate the boom and camera. On that day we filmed from around 10:30 am to 4:30 pm. In that time we , managed to get through about five or six larger scenes.
There were several things throughout the day that surprised me, the first mild surprise being how long one scene takes to film even in the case of scene that is only a little over a minute long. Often we'd be interrupted by a dramatic change in the natural lighting, boom in the shot, a dog barking, or of course a mistake in a line. Although I expected some difficulty completing shots I did not expect it to this degree. my bigger surprise though was the ability of the actors involved. I had one friend in particular who I expected to be less than enthused with having to act. Surprisingly though he was entirely cooperative and quite possibly the best actor among us.
All in all the day was a success and incredibly exhausting. Everyone left tired, filled with splinters and hopefully feeling accomplished. Below is a photo captured in the latter half of the day not really sure what was being filmed if it was anything at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment