Over this past weekend I sat down with several people I intend to work with and discussed what their schedule would look like for the rest of the year. One of the larger uncertainties up to this point was how timing would work out when I reach the stage of filming. To combat this I received rough approximations from actors so I would consider moving certain people in and out of scenes to make sure I could execute them as planned. Obviously I don't want to seriously alter the films plot to accommodate people but I'd like to what I can especially in these earlier stages of the project.
Although not much has changed story wise in the past few days I'm deciding to include a factor that is usually present in my writing. After including my personal support for social justice in many of my work this year particularly I had decided that this project I would not include any of my own sentiments, and just stick to comedic purposes. Today I changed my opinion on this and intend to deliver a belief of my own on the topic of social justice in my film. It will not be the centerpiece or likely much more than a brief scene yet I feel it's important to include it. Not to say it means much in a some high school kids short film but you may as well spread these ideas of equality through whatever medium you're able to regardless of how small or large the platform is.
No comments:
Post a Comment