Not much has changed since Sunday evening, most notably though, I have finished constructing my refrigerator box/ skateboard cart. Now initially this consisted of simply taping a pair of skateboards to a refrigerator box. Unfortunately this plan was far from perfect.
As one may guess, half broken skateboards are not exactly predictable, in either the direction they travel or their general functionality. In the context of the film I need them to travel in a relatively straight line for a substantial distance. The first cart traveled no further than 10 feet before sheering off to the left dramatically. I attributed this to the left board which I had taped together, I assumed I had taped it slightly crooked. I un-taped and re-taped it with the help of a level. I pushed it down a hill once again, I started with greater hope for success yet a similar feel of failure upon seeing gradually slide of the right side of the road. This went on for something like ten trials before I reached the a working set of weighting and alignments of the boards. A project I hoped and expected to require no more than ten minutes, turned in to closer to an hour.
With that said I am fairly certain it will now run straight 4/10 times with 70-15 percent certainty so that's progress of some sort. Congratulations to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment