Thursday, March 19, 2015

Polishing a Script

    As the four week week mark approaches so does the completion of my initial script. This benchmark is just about on track with my plans at the start of the project. Although there is some work left to be done on the script I have made time by preparing to film while still in the writing stage. What is left for the script is improving transitions, connecting scenes and adding to the story line mostly in the form of jokes.
    By the end of next week at minimum I'd like to be entirely certain with at least four scenes from the film in order to film them over break. I will be out of town Wednesday through Monday of next week so I would ideally hope to be filming Tuesday. Tuesday would consist of tech testing with my friend Noa who has graciously offered to help me with the film. Unfortunately many of the actors in my film will be out of town for a good portion of the break. This leads me to think it may have been smart to shrink the cast in order to make scheduling easier.  With that said I am confident with the dynamic created by all my main characters. I am still working on a time but currently I am hoping to sit down later in the break and film at least one of the scenes with many cast members.
     In addition to the film over break I'd like to gather up the rest of the props I've settled on to this point. This shouldn't be too difficult but it will likely take up much of the a day. In terms of positive news I have received confirmation that I will have access to a quad copter for filming. Although I have yet to mention this device it is very exciting news because it makes many of the shots I was hoping to test out possible.
    The only serious roadblock I face currently is the weather. I would like to have the film appear continuous but the weathers inconsistencies and the snows refusal to leave is providing some issues for continuity. Hopefully the snow dissipates before the week after next, beyond the issue of realism is also that the perpetual overcast weather requires much more lighting than the much preferred sunshine. Don't get me wrong , I adore winter and it's bitter cold but it is less than ideal for filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment