I chose to read over Lili Delotsang's blog and Gavin Wentzel's blog both classmates of mine.
Gavin Wentzel is currently making an album for his own project. This involves the playing of various instruments, recording, and mastering of the tracks. Although Gavin's posts are somewhat infrequent the ones written consist of concise plans and description of progress. It's also evident through his posts that he has a true interest in both music in general and his own project. I hope to see videos and photos of equipment used or small excerpts from songs in the works. The posts are brief now but I assume this is at least in part due to the being in the early stages of the project.
Lili has chosen to analyse the current state of the supposed "American Dream". She's chosen to come at this subject through the perspective of immigrants and their experiences in the United States. As mentioned in her own description this particular study is pertinent to her own life and the Ithaca community. She herself being half Tibetan and living in a community with a very racially diverse population, the topic of immigration is often a discussion piece. With response to her in depth posts and personal connections to the subject I think it's fair to say she has a passion for her project which is a necessity in my opinion. I think in addition to this strengths are found in the depth of her posts and a well balanced blend of formal and informal writing. The only weakness I see now is more than likely due to being only a few weeks into this project. The weakness is simply that the focus is somewhat broad currently, I would like to see it grow more focused as the project progresses.
No comments:
Post a Comment