Since my last post things have been uneventful for the most part. Due to busy schedule these past few days it has been hard to find time to sit down and write for an extended period. I intended to hold a second table read this weekend but I decided to hold off until I have completed many of the scenes I have started writing and polishing the piece.
Most of the writing that has been done in the latter half of this week has consisted of editing and minor tweaks to polish this first draft. Although it has been difficult to find writing time I have been reading plenty from David Trottier's book I mentioned earlier in the week. I have read plenty on efficient ways to keep dialogue lively and purposeful. In addition to that I have been reading about many of the overused methods in script writing and the simple alternatives that add much more to the piece. An example of this was to avoid including the term beat in your writing. Beat refers to a slight pause in the action or speech of a character so it's easy to replace beat with a more descriptive observation of their action.
Beyond the writing stage I recently completed an essential prop list and estimated a price for the items included. I then drew that amount from my own money and intend to make a trip within the next week or so to collect the required items.
Lastly my mentor meeting this week was cancelled on account of illness but I intend to complete what I can through an email correspondence with my mentor. For now that is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment